Ebenezer Presbyterian Church was founded circa 1785 as a centerpiece to the community of Ebenezerville, near the same location where its buildings stand today. It is one of the oldest churches in York County.
Four buildings have served Ebenezer. The first log structure was located somewhere in front of the present building across the road. The second structure, used from 1826 to 1890, was a wooden frame building which stood to the left of the present sanctuary. The first brick sanctuary was constructed near the same site in 1890 and in use until 1955 when the current brick sanctuary was dedicated. The John C. Bailey Activities Building was completed in 1972.
In 1819 (and probably earlier) the Academy Building (bottom, right) for the teaching of rudimentary education was constructed at Ebenezer. The building currently standing was erected in 1859-60 to replace an earlier building which was destroyed by fire when a chemistry experiment went awry. The Academy Building has been listed on the National Register of Historical Sites.